I bought a Athlon XP computer in a beige midi tower. It reminds me of the first PC I assembled myself, which was my third IBM compatible PC, after my 386 and my Pentium II. I loved this computer and enjoyed building and upgrading it.
This current PC has the following characteristics:
- AMD Athlon XP 1700+ CPU (Socket A)
- 768MB RAM
- 1x Kingston KVR400K64C25/236 2.6V
- 1x Kingston KVR400X64C3/512
- 1x Samsung 256MB DDR PC3200 CL3
- ASUS A7V600-X motherboard. It has the VIA KT600 chipset.
- V9400-X R2.005/TD/128M/AR VGA card
- it has a external gameport connector hooked up to the motherboard.
Currently, it has Windows 98 installed. Eventually I think I will be using this PC as a Windows XP machine.
Things I want to change are:
- adding a faster AGP video card.
- adding a faster CPU and/or overclocking it.
- changing the CPU cooler for a quieter one.
- change the PSU for a quieter one.
- replace the harddisk with a esata SSD.
- adding a card reader to the front 3.5inch bay.
- adding some kind of cool front bay thingy.
- a cool case badge.