Hibernated 64

Downloaded the Commodore 64 version of Hibernated 1: This Place is Death. It wouldn’t run from the Chameleon though, because I probably still don’t know what I’m doing. So I tried it from the SD2IEC. That didn’t work also, because the device still was number 9 and not 8. So I changed that with the following command:

OPEN1,9,15,"U0>"+CHR$(8):CLOSE1 
OPEN1,8,15,"XW":CLOSE1

The first line changes the device number from 9 to 8 and the second line saves this setting. After that the game worked fine. I found the text slightly more comfortable to read on the C64 versus the Amiga. But the scrolling was a bit slow. Also, I find the Amiga keyboard more comfortable to type on, so I think I’m going to keep on playing the rest of the game on the Amiga.

I got a bit further in the game, but now I’ve probably got to decontaminate myself and I got a bit stuck again. Overnight a thought hit me and I guess that’s the beauty of adventure games: You constantly think about the problem and when you think about a solution, you can’t wait to try it. I wonder if the thing I thought about works…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s